Sunday, March 19, 2006

Excited for my about my new toys....

Well for my birthday I had been planning on putting any birthday money towards shoes and pedals. So yesterday after the Hinckley training session I went up to Bike Authoity and came home with the pictured toys! Shoes & pedals! I am so ready to try these out!

The training session out at Hinckley went well. I took the mountain bike since I knew some others were taking theirs...that was a lot of work. I felt like I was really working to keep up. All & all the riding went well, but I did find myself trying to adjust to what gear I should be in at certain times. That should come with more practice...

Fortunately my hands remained warm on the bike but my toes were extremely cold and really ached. The start of the run was painful due to the aching toes, but shortly after running they started to warm up and I felt great on the run. Incidentally that was the first time I ran directly after biking and my legs actually did not feel too bad! How about that! So it was a nice training session and I really enjoyed getting a chance to talk with some CTC members and see the course!

3 comments:

Papa Louie said...

Happy Birthday!
Nice toys!
For cold riding I use heavy wool socks and even in yesturdays 25 degree my feet were toasty warm. They also sell neoprene covers you can slip over your biking shoes.

E-Speed said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Fun new toys!

Cycling Under The Influence said...

oooh, so nice. Let me know how those Speedplay's work for you. My training partners swear by them, but I have never ridden in a pair. I second papa louie's comment on the shoe covers- that might be the best $20 I have spent on bike apparel.