Monday, February 06, 2006

Let the season begin!

OK, so I am going to try to keep up on this blogging thing to track some of my efforts here.

Well I had planned to take the weekend off from running to give my hip flexor some time to heal...but that was easier said than done! I knew there was a 9AM 4 mile run out at Blossum on Saturday and I was going to skip it since I did not feel like driving out there. I figured that may be too much as I was already planning to drive to Berea at 10 AM for the gear clinic with the Clev Tri Club. However on Friday I found out that my dad's best friend who I just adore was up from Florida and they were meeting in Kent at Mike's Place (which rules!) for breakfast at 7:30. So I had to do it since it was now on the way (kind of!).

The race was wet but warm (which is low 40s in Ohio in the winter) and I had planned to do a leisurely jog and predicted a 34 minute finish (since it was a prediction run). However I felt pretty good and went a little quicker than planned to finish with a time of 31:35 (so clearly not the best guess!). The morning was a bit of a rush but worked out fairly well...hopefully did not give anyone too much of an eyeful due to the fact I was not about to sit through the gear meeting in those wet clothes! The clinic was helpful, however I also had the realization of how much more stuff I really should purchase.... trainer, bike shoes & pedals, wet suit,.. If only I was rich!

Still have a hurting hip flexor which I need to somehow get past.

On another note, it is a sad day as a Cleveland fan to see Pittsburgh win, yet it is not all bad as it was a good day for a fellow Miami alum-Go Ben!

2 comments:

Trisaratops said...

PITTSBURGH SUCKS!!! (except that they just won the Superbowl...sigh...) GREAT job on the run!!!!! Tri stuff will come, there's Valentine's Day and your birthday of course! ;)

Hey, I'm sadly bagging the Chili Bowl due to my whooping cough (haven't done speedwork since 'Nam) and I think I'm heading to the swim clinic at EMH instead. My mom's still running though so I'm going to head up to see her finish! I'll look for ya there! :)

Janet Edwards said...

Maybe I will start playing lotto as my wish list of non-tri stuff is even longer!

Sara, sounds like a good idea...see ya then!