Tuesday, October 04, 2011

I AM IN LOVE!

Yesterday's post got tabled and then never got done.  It was discussing difficulty waking up mornings and all the stupid rain.

I went to finish it but my tone feels so different today.  I see something giant and yellow in the sky!  Rumor has it we are in for perhaps 8 nice days of dry and sunshine!  SO EXCITED!

AND DRUM ROLL PLEASE....

We got a new puppy AND I am SOOOO in LOVE with her!

Now I never thought the husband would let us have another animal at our place.  We have our 7 year old golden retriever, Matches!  When we got him my husband thought it would be cute to say, "We were playing with Matches!"  So goes the story of his name!

My husband's mom breeds and shows the golden retrievers.  I love going to her house and seeing all the dogs and usually puppies!  Matches also really likes going to her house to play with all the girl doggies!  Matches might have become a show dog but he ended up a little short so he has just always been our cutie pie!

And then we have my lil 5 old year kitten, Zippo.  Zippo is a great cat.  Thank goodness because the husband would settle for no less.

Yet, between these two guys, we are constantly sweeping and cleaning up animal hair!  The husband has always said no more!

About 8 weeks ago, there were 2 litters born at Joey's mom which totaled 17 puppies.  We were there that day and my heart was melting!
As usual, my husband's mom always says we are welcome to take one home and raise her and that she would breed and show the dog.  Instead of taking up room in the kennel, the doggie could have a happy home life with us!  Of course, the husband was not buying it as we had enough hair to keep up with!

But for whatever reason, 5 weeks ago, his mom must have asked my husband on a good day or perhaps the husband knew how excited I would be, because he finally said ok!

I have been counting the days just waiting for my little cutie pie to come home!  Oh and of course I visited my puppies often!

Yesterday was the day we finally brought our little girl home!  We decided to name her Ember in keeping with our fire theme!


I can't wait to get home from work tonight to take her and Matches to play!  I am actually quite excited for Matches too as I think having a companion will be nice for him!  For now he needs to settle a bit as he starts jumping around like crazy and lil Ember has been scared and hiding under our feet.  I am certain they will become the best of friends as Matches is really good with other dogs!  As a side note, I really wish I had a nanny cam to see what is going on at home!  Ember is in a decent sized Xpen and there is no doubt Matches is nearby....and hopefully has not jumped in!

While I hate doing it, we are crate training her.  I really wanted to just hold her in my arms while I slept but we put her in the crate last night.  She howled and barked and cried quite a bit before finally falling asleep.  Then she started again at 4:50 when I leaped out of bed to get her.  My alarm was set for 5:10 so actually it made getting up easier than normal.  Maybe my new little alarm clock will be a good thing as I managed a great workout this morning since I was up and going!  The hardest part was easily having to quit petting the cutie!

7 comments:

TriMOEngr said...

ADORABLE! My husband is a total neat-freak so we have no pets. :( Yay on your new addition! And Yay for sunshine. We've had a ton of it in Missouri and, as much as our yard could use some rain, it has been AWESOME!

Matty O said...

That is reallllly awesome! All these puppies I have seen lately has put me in the mood to get another one :) However, Frankie is NOT willing to share his mom with any other animals haha.

Congrats on the pup and cute name!

Hope crate training goes well, our pups use their crates as their "safe haven" all the time and don't mind them at all. We had good success with the crates.

Hopefully no more racing this year since you will now be "pre-occupied" during training hours haha.

Big Daddy Diesel said...

PUPPY!!!!!!!!!!! Soooooo cute!!

Kim said...

I WANT ONE!

Heather-O said...

How adorable is she?!?!??!! Congrats on the new addition!

Kristin Deaton said...

Ember is adorable. My heart has always been for Golden Retrievers and My maggie fills that void. I wish we had two, but my husband wanted a different dog. I love love love Goldens. Let me assure you 3 pets aren't tough. We have 2 dogs and 2 cats It works out. We sweep up the same amount of hair if we just had 2 :-) Have fun with your little one

Matthew Smith said...

I love puppies! Good call on doing the crate thing. I think that's the best way to go when they are little.