Thursday, August 26, 2010

Thank you Marilyn Manson, Korn, Drowning Pool, Bullet for My Valentine...

Today lunch hour rolled around it was time for my focus bike which would be a solid hour of grueling heart rate intervals.

I was tired and really did not have a heck of a lot of motivation to do it.  Yesterday's tempo run had left my legs a little sluggish, but I got my clothes changed, grabbed the hrm and my ipod and hopped on the bike.

Oh my legs were tired already.  Throughout the 10 minute warm-up I was just not feeling it but as the REV3 countdown continues, I remain steadfast in my commitment to hold true to the training plan, if not for myself, at least for coach!

After the 10 minutes, I cranked up the volume and crushed the pedals as I found the hardest fastest songs on the ipod. HR was climbing into desired zones.  Sweat was everywhere and burning my eyes.  With each interval I was more resolved to get it done and remain tough despite the pain as I rocked out on the bike spinning the pedals with the tempo of the music.

I know if it were not for my music today I would never have got through that workout, so here's to cranking up the volume.

On a sidenote, related to this post, my HS friend, Lyndsey, was pictured yesterday in this NY Times article about Playing Music During Exercise....Clearly I agree with their findings!

1 comment:

Big Daddy Diesel said...

My ipod as a dedicated workout playlist just for this reason, easy to get without having to skip a bunch of songs. Amazing how music can lift a workout