Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentines Day!!!


This morning I woke up early to look outside and see that the snow was still falling. My sweet Valentine, Joey, had been out plowing for most of the night. I had went out plowing what his freebie route last night which included a few friends and family who live close and after almost getting the truck stuck in one 3.5 foot deep driveway (partially caused by drifting winds) I knew he was most likely having one long night.


I walked downstairs to check the internet to see if my Jewish Community Center where I workout was listed as closed. I noted the Summit County one was closed and was nervous that I may drive all the way there at this crazy hour through horribly deep snow only to have it closed. So I went back upstairs to bed flipped on the tv and called Joey. I decided to take his advice to wait awhile before heading out as the roads where pretty deep...so I went back to sleep. I am such a slacker as I have all the equipment I could want right there at home...but this weather seemed to call for staying in bed, so I listened. An hour and a half later my alarm woke me up and I got ready for work. I was leaving a bit early in the hopes that I may get to work on time and as I grab my purse I see that at whatever crazy hour my husband left last night, he took the time to place a really sweet card in my purse. It is just these little things that mean so very much! So hope everyone else out there can find a smile on their face this Valentines Day even if you are looking at a lot of snow!!
Training Update ...it has been awhile
All & all things have been progressing well, except swimming, of course!
Mon 1/29 60 min spin, lower body weights
Tues 1/30 7 miles treadmill, 1 % incline
20 min w/u, 3-1600 at 6:49, 1 min recoveries, 15 min c/d
Wed 1/31 60 min spin class, abs, upper body weights, 1000 yds swam
Thu 2/1 7 miles treadmill, 1% incline
2 miles easy, 2 miles @ 7:24 pace, 3 miles easy
Fri 2/2 60 min spin, 40 min stat bike, lower body weights, abs
Sat 2/3 Dirty Dog Trail Run - 6.2 Snowy Miles 57:36
Sun 2/4 9 miserable miles at very cold temp
Mon 2/5 60 min spin, 1000 yds swam, upper body weights
Tues 2/6 7 miles treadmill, 1% incline
1 mile w/u, 4-800's @ 3:20, 2 min recovery, 8:13 pace for cooldown miles
lower body weights, abs
Wed 2/7 60 min spin, upper body weights
Thu 2/8 abs, 6.3 miles treadmill, 1% incline
1 mile easy, 5 miles at 8:24, 1 mile easy
Fri 2/9 60 min spin, 3.2 miles treadmill, 1% incline, interval training
Sat 2/10 1 hr, 45 minute trainer ride incl 1 hr spinerval dvd
Sun 2/11 17 mile run with Liz - watch messed up but were hitting around the desired 8:45 mile splits for the most part (although slowing down at the end) despite less than optimal conditions
Mon 2/12 Rest
Tues 2/13 7 miles treadmill, 1% incline
20 min w/u, 1200 (5:12), 1000 (4:14), 800 (3:17), 600 (2:41), 400 (1:34) , 200 m
RI, cool down; 3 miles stat bike, abs

5 comments:

Jodi said...

I can't believe you went in today! Crazy girl. You have such a long drive too. Now I feel like SUCH a slacker!

:-)

Jodi

E-Speed said...

Damn girl. I don't know how you do it all!

I have all the run splits. I will send them to you!

JenC said...

I'm very impressed too! I decided that I wasn't going in even if they didn't close my office (they did close it).

Hope your hubby is getting some sleep now that it has calmed down!

Trisaratops said...

Just read the report from Espeed! YAYYYYYYY way to CRUSH your PR! :)

Kate said...

20:45??!?! What is that?! Wow- you're kicking some serious butt this year!