Wednesday, January 23, 2008

National Pie Day - January 23rd


Now if there was ever a day we should be celebrating it is today!

National Pie Day - January 23rd
Created by the American Pie Council, National Pie Day is dedicated to the celebration of pie. As part of our American heritage, this day is a perfect opportunity to pass on the love and enjoyment of pie eating and pie making to future generations.

To celebrate National Pie Day share the warmth of the ultimate "comfort food" by giving the gift of pie to a friend or neighbor. Your generosity will be long remembered.

If pie making is not in your schedule, stop by your favorite pie shop or grocery store and bring home a gift of love and enjoyment for the whole family. The coldest of January days will be warmed by a special pie dessert.


I may just have to visit my favorite little Amish restauarant, Mary Yoder's in Middlefield tonight in honor of this day. They have this peanut butter pie which is fantastic. Yet, I must admit that lemon merang is my absolute favorite, followed closely by pumpkin pie, apple crumb pie and the blackberry pie. My husband usually prefers the strawberry rhubarb pie. I am a huge fan of a scoop of vanilla icecream with my pie too. Unfortunatey I am trying to eat healthy and probably should not have any pie!

"Eat pie. Whether you make it yourself, buy it at a supermarket or bakery or order it at a restaurant, perform a random act of pieness on yourself and enjoy some pie on National Pie Day – it’s great with lunch, dinner or as a late-night snack."

4 comments:

Kim said...

dude, you're killing me. pie is my favorite!!!! unfortunately the only pie-like dish i can eat is the egg white quiche for breakfast :( sad, i would KILL for apple crumble pie with vanilla ice cream!

Brian said...

As I'm about to eat my whole wheat pasta. I'd love some of that apple crumb as well. I make a mean apple crumb myself. In fact I have to bring something in for work tomorrow. I might just do a little baking tonight. er. have my better half do baking.

If i were to have a post about this, I can only imagine the comments from some of my coworkers.

Brett S. said...

Consider it Carb loading for Saturday and enjoy

Bob said...

I'm with you on the lemon merang - absolutely the best!!!