Monday, April 14, 2008

Mad Monday Update 4/14/08

Can Boston really only be a week away? It is close enough I can look up the extended forecast.

Apr 21 Monday -Mix of sun and clouds. Highs in the mid 50s and lows in the mid 40s.

Now if only that was indeed the actual weather Monday, I think I will be very happy! I need to try out the skirt of my new Southeast Running Club outfit before then!

All and all, things all seem to be coming together on the running front which I am stoked about.

I am forcing myself to suck it up and mentally toughen up and stay on my paces when my body desperately wants to walk.

Monday 4/7 -4 Miles treadmill, 3 ladders (6.5-8.5), 3 alternating 2 min hard/easy 6/10mph)~33 minutes, core work

Tuesday 4/8 -8 mile general aerobic run with ESpeed 10*30 second strides. Gorgeous day and loop from downtown to Edgewater.

Wednesday 4/9- 3 miles easy on the treadmill, stretched good

Thursday 4/10 - 9 Mile "Track" workout - I went ahead and did the w/o on VR site after a 3.75 mile warm-up which included running to a local track with E and realizing the kids were on it, so we went back to the treadmills to git-er-done.

2 x 800 w/ 400 recoveries (ran at 9.8 ~6:07 pace)

2 x 800 w/ 200 recoveries (ran at 9.9 ~6:04 pace)

2 x 800 w/ 400 recoveries (ran at 10.0 ~6:00 pace)

1 x 1200 @ Goal Marathon Pace (ran at 7.9 ~7:36 pace)

Friday 4/11 - Moderate Spin -10.25 miles on recumbent bike with ladder program, level 10 - 30 min

Saturday - 12.33 mile run with Nathan. Felt good and strong the whole time

Sunday-Laid on couch nursing hangover...good thing I had planned it as an off day!

5 comments:

Mnowac said...

oooh it's almost here! Nice job on training through this horrible winter. I can't wait to hear your race report, I'm sure you will rock it. I'll keep my fingers crossed for nice weather.

duchossois said...

Funny, I looked at the extended forecast, too. Just curious to see what Monday might bring. Sounds like you had a great week. Also, to clarify, 'Rest' in a training plan is always assumed to be code for 'Recover from hangover'. At least, that how I read it.
See you in Massachusetts.

Brian said...

hangover smangover. you should have run 20 with me you big sissy.

Brian said...

Good luck in Boston! Give it hell to the top of heartbreak and feed off the crowd for the remaining 5.5 miles. Have fun!!

Unknown said...

It is very hard to believe it is less than a week away. Where did the time go? But you're raring and ready for it, I have no doubt!