* Why do pre-holiday weeks seem to to drag on even more slowly than normal? I am literally the only person in the office today!
* My garmin 305 was also a casualty of my bike crash. How do people live without them? I ordered a new one today! THANK GOODNESS!
* The garmin ordering was compliments of the insurance check I got from Aflac. That accident policy paid off. Funny, I never had given it much thought but I am actually really thankful that my boss had got it set up for us. There was a waiting period on the policy and mine went into effect 6/1/11. I crashed 6/14. I guess the timing could've been worse!
* Arm movement is returning more everyday and the shoulder hurts less and less. Ribs still ache. Running motion is becoming more and more natural which leads me to...
* Yesterday I went out at lunch to run with the Cleveland lunch run guys. They were doing tempo. I did not run with the fastest ones but ran with another guy at I'm guessing was a respectable pace (SO WISHED I HAD MY BELOVED GARMIN). It was probably the first time I ran sub 8:30 since I got hurt. Actually it felt very good, albeit a harder effort. Sort of felt like a breakthrough confidence run and I was incredibly pleased with it...actually it made my day! (Yesterday also seemed like a good day as I have a few other irons in the fire that I am crossing my fingers on and feeling slightly optimistic about...more on that if one of them actually pan out!)
* My training efforts and consistency this week have been pretty good and I have been actually doing well dragging my butt out of bed early.
M: 50 min bike, 5 mile run
T: 3 mile run followed by some squats and lunges (easy day)
W: 60 min bike, 4 mile run
R: 6.5 mile run
F: 90 min bike
* I got the worst blisters on my feet from my shoes yesterday. :-( SO NOT COOL. I know they say not to pop them but I just cannot walk on those water bubbles so I did it anyways!
* Super stoked for the long weekend. Yeah I might be more excited if I could ride bicycles outside but I will get in a couple longer runs and a solid computrainer workout or 2! Tonight will rock with dinner at our favorite Mexican joint with ESpeed and SSquirrel and the men before we go see Transformers! Oh and I will be hitting sisters pool and lots of parties..of course!!! BRING IT ON!