Sunday, January 07, 2007

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Well where to start...it has been awhile.

I am working on wrapping up all my side consulting work here in the next week or so which will relieve a huge weight off of my shoulders as this final push has been a tad much to say the least. Then I can focus not only on my full time job, but also all the training and other things that have been significantly impacted.

The training has been going pretty well despite some minor aches and pains. I have had the opportunity to enjoy some long runs the last few weekends with some great company. Christmas Eve and New Years Eve, ran a hilly 13.1 mile run with Southeast Running Club. Then New Years Eve I followed that up with a 5K New Years Eve race. After my morning run I was not overly optimistic about what my performance would be on this hilly course, but ended up with a 22:46 and 2nd in my age group. Not too bad especially considering the decent turnout for the event.

This morning headed out to the towpath for a 14 mile run with some friends which was a nice consistent effort which went pretty well. As a side note these last three longs runs have been the best in a very long time as I have not had to make a bathroom stop on account of stomach issues on any of them. Whatever the reason, this is progress!!!

On the biking front, a lot of credit goes to my hubby. For Christmas he bought me a bad arse new Butterfly seat as he must have got worried with me complaining about my female area so often. My old seat was the original one and let me just say it was definitely not all that comfortable. He also got me a new computer which has the cadence counter, so that has been very helpful with the Spinerval DVDs (thanks again Lou) and the New Vision Cycling workouts(which are totally the coolest, yet tough workouts). Other than that I have been getting in some variety here with some great spinning classes, spinerval workouts, New Vision workouts, and just time in on the trainer cleaning out the ironmans saved on the DVR.

Swimming is still not my strong suit and my focus here is probably not helping. I try to swim 3 days a week on my lunch break at work, 1000 yards a time. I am strongly considering hitting the Orange Masters swm, but somewhat concerned that I may not be able to keep up with the easy folk. I guess there is only one way to get better and that is to take things out of the comfort zone...so we'll see!

So many other things to mention which I will save for some other posts which I am hoping to get back in the habit of making on a more regular basis.

If nothing else, I want to try to at least keep a running tally of my workouts a bit better which I will try to keep up to date.

1/1 90 minute trainer ride
1/2 30 minute bike, 2 miles treadmill---50 mile motorcycle ride (since when does this happen in January??!!)
1/3 1 hr spin class, 4 miles treadmill, 1000 yards swam
1/4 Upper Body Workout
1/5 1 hour spin class, 3.2 miles treadmill
1/6 2 hour New Vision Cycling
1/7 14 miles, towpath

Finally I have finally decided to send in the money today for Cleveland Marathon!

07 Tenative Season
2/3 Dirty Dog 10 K Trail Run
2/17 Chili Bowl 5 K
3/4 Youngstown 1/2 marathon
3/10 St Malachi 5 mile
4/5 Hinckly Buzzzard Du
5/6 Silver Spings Du
5/20 Cleveland Marathon
Sunday in June
6/24 Summi Tri (Spint)
July --Sweet Corn Century Ride
8/5 Cleveland tri (sprint)
8/12 Greater Cleveland Tri (1st half!!)
9/16 Portage Lakes
Fall Marathon to be decided

5 comments:

E-Speed said...

I was thinking about Cleveland but I decided the pig would let us get down to visit friends. If I have a bad run there I may join you in Cleveland though!

Anonymous said...

Damn, girl- you're training hard!

Great job! I hope you can make it to our little bowling get-togethers. Rob wants to meet up and have a little social committee get-together soon. We're going to have to work a little CTC social time into your busy schedule!

;-)

Jodi

Trisaratops said...

Yay! Marathons = so fun. Trying to decide if I want to bite the bullet for Chicago on 10/7...not really sure where I'll be at that point so I need to decide if I want to just gamble on it! :)

Hey I might want in on that Dirty Dog 10K on the 3rd!!! We can be DURRRRRRRRRRRRTY. Trail runs rock!

Anonymous said...

Go butterfly seat! I have one on each bike.

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great racing schedule. See you at some of those races.