Monday, July 10, 2006

A run to remember....

Slept in a bit Sunday morning and dragged myself out of bed to go for a run. I need to start going longer on my runs in preparation for my fall marathon so I had figured I would hit the Headwaters trail from Garrettsville to Mantua for a leisurely 12 mile run.

I had a clif bar washed down with some Propel on the way. I decided since it was so humid to try on a fuel belt that I had got in one of my race bags some time ago. Good thing I was not bound and determined to use it because as I pulled it out I realized it was a large. Although I tried to make it work after a couple steps I turned around and put it in the car as I knew this was going to bug me.

And then I was off enjoying the scenery which is absolutely beautiful. The bugs were biting (& I have the marks to prove it today!!) and it was bugging the heck out of me but I just cranked up the tunes and trudged on between swatting bugs. For awhile I felt like I was just trying to out-run them. At mile one I was at 7:05. I thought I better slow down as I wanted to make sure I did not fizzle later by going out too fast. After several miles of consistently trying to slow down but continuing to hold the same splits I just gave up and ran whatever felt comfortable. The last two miles I picked it up a bit because I was getting excited for some liquids. The miles were pretty even splits and I finished my 12 mile run in 1.27.15 at a 7:19 pace and felt as though I was not even pushing hard. Perhaps it was the scenery, perhaps it was the sheer enjoyment of blowing off some stress, the nice path, the good tunes...whatever it was I will take it. Felt great the whole time and afterwards....Hopefully I will feel this good come next race day!

13 comments:

E-Speed said...

umm that is freaking fast girl! I better look out for you next year at Youngstown!

Kim said...

Daisy, you are an animal! what great mileage times!

Jodi said...

Amazing run! I am so completely and totally jealous :)

Michele said...

WOW, you are super speedy!!
Great run.

SRR said...

7:19!! God girl, that's awesome!!

Trifrog said...

Nothin' like those days when all seems right in the legs!

Kim said...

is it weird that i had a dream last night that both you and trisara were in???!! we were in a triathlon together...you had black hair and were running circles around people!

Mojo said...

That is an awesome time! You are my hero! :)

What kind of shorts do you wear on these fast runs? Seriously, since I have been doing track workouts, I have gotten horrible chaffing. It's the seams that bother me when I run fast.

You're really a fast runnner, girl! Your great running will help you win triathlons!

BuckeyeRunner said...

Wow! That is super fast! On a 12-miler too - that is more like my 5k pace...um, yeah. Not really that is more like 8:19, not 7:19!

Great job!!

Tuco said...

Hi Daisy, I was just looking around at "duathlon" blogs and found yours, sounds like you're doing some serious training this summer!
If you want to check out a blog about a long-distance cycling commute, try me at
http://tucorides.blogspot.com

Take care!

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Wow. That's about all I know to say. You are FAST!

Papa Louie said...

Great run! I bet you can run with us on our long run. I'll buy your fuel belt off ya? Let me know.

Janet Edwards said...

Well..thanks for the props all, yet I am afraid it may have just been one of them random runs you only have every blue moon.

Lou, you can have the fuel belt...might as well go to good use! I will just have to figure out the best way to get it to you!