That is pretty much this post.
I have tried to post a few times over the last several days. I start typing and decide I am not sure where I want to go with it and delete.
I guess I feel pulled in too many directions at the moment to put down a cohesive focused post so these are just some of the random Monday thoughts in my head-
- I hate that my leg concerns me so much. I did not run at all last Money - Saturday hoping my leg issue would clear up, but no change. Finally could not take it and ran 9 on treadmill easy Sunday. No change. Not sure what to make of it.
- I hate cold and dark. Normally I tolerate and get out and run in it anyways but right now what I really want is a nice soft easy towpath run. I don't want the pounding of the pavement or some crazy uneven footing to try to contend with as I sort this leg thing out. Spring can not come soon enough.
- With the lightened running load, I have returned to a bike focus. Coach G kicks my butt in our required bike workouts. East side cycling got a taste of part of one this weekend...it was a doozy! I biked the most I have in a long time this past week and feel even more motivated to keep it up!
- This weekend is CTC's 2nd annual swim challenge / swim clinic. Leah from Liquid Lifestyles is running the swim clinic which will be awesome I'm sure. I am opting for the challenge. Challenge is choice of 25x100, 50x100, 75x 100 or 100x100's. I am not sure I can do the 100 but curious to see how far I will go! Gonna be fun!
- REV3's blogtalk radio is back this week. Tune in 1/26 at 8PM to hear about 2011 season, highlighting REV3 Costa Rica and the chance to hear Pro Triathlete, Bree Wee. I am excited to tune in as listening to these last year always got me pumped up.
- On the Trakkers front, I am super excited that First Endurance and TriSwim are back on board as official team sponsors.
- Congrats to running friends, ESpeed and NC for tearing it up this weekend at the Case Spartan relays. If only my leg was not such a concern....it sounds like great fun to go see what kind of time I could try to throw down at some short distances!
- I take almost as much pleasure in my sister's newfound running as my own. She is well on her way executing her marathon training plan as we prepare for Nashville in April. I already see that she has the heart, discipline and potential to go far! Speaking of sis, I had a awesome time with her twins 4 yr old girls yday at my cousins 1 yr old bday party. They now can say they played Angry Birds on the Iphone and I can't help but laugh as they celebrate when taking down the pigs....which leads me to my final note
- In spite of feeling like you are juggling too many things, quality time with family just seems to make everything better!