I must say 2012 is starting out awesome! I spent New Years Eve with the husband and 2 wonderful friends over some muy delicioso Mexican Guac, food, Dos Equis and Margaritas of course!!! I managed to wake with no hangover and then got to go on my 3rd run ever with the husband (who I suspect will become quite the runner in 2012!) and MV. After a nice rather warm Jan 1st run, we headed up to the Polar Plunge.
Did I mention that while I have been there helping with the organization for several years now, I have never went in??? Well after years of ribbing and a super cute tshirt design that I had to have, I decided I would PLUNGE in 2012 as long as I was not sick!! And after my long fall/winter sickness, I arrived feeling good and was treated to some balmy weather! Official sign stated 48 degree outside temperature...36 degree water temperature!
|Always pimping Cleveland gangs!!!|
|Turns out 36 degree water is quite cold!!!|
So the new year is upon us, which is always a good reason to re-evaluate goals.
The one thing I plan to change for 2012 is to log all of my miles! I have actually been diligent for December. NOW, to keep it up for the entire year!!!
221.8 Miles Ran
9.75 Miles Swam
135 Miles Biked (This will ramp back up here in January!)
Generally I think I am pretty good as far as getting in workouts. I think I could clean up my diet a fair amount so I am placing a priority there. This has actually become easier with my husband making a solid effort with his intake as well. So I am focused on maintaining this focus for 2012.
Other random thoughts for new year!
1. As I hit my health insurance deductibles in 2010 (insert broken elbow and tibia stress fracture) and 2011 (crash with broken scapula), let's have a nice cheap year there PLEASE!!!! a) this is expensive b) being hurt STINKS!
2. Come on TRI BIKE! I have been doing tris since 2006...chances are looking good 2012 will be the first time you will see me on my very first tri-bike!! As much as I love my road bike with my clip on bars, I will be soooo excited for this!
3. So this girl has been regular at Masters Swims every Tuesday and Thursday and I am seeing my 100's dropping a bit. There is still tons of room for improvement so here's to working towards continued improvement!
4. CRAP, I effectively age up now. Seriously I think I still belong in the 25-29 age group! How can it be I am going to be 35 in March. Is this a joke?
4. And above all, my goal is to make every moment count this year!!! This means in everything! Appreciate all my time with family and friends. Dig in at my professional life to make progress. Do my best to support those who support me. Train hard and race hard! And so on....!!!
BRING ON 2012!