Friday, February 02, 2007

Tri Tag Time

Tri Tag Time

Just staying warm after our cold morning Dirty Dog run, report to come later after I have a chance to upload some sweet pics!! OK, so as not to let TriSaraTops down, I guess I am it...so here goes!

1. Describe a memory from your first triathlon ever.

A short and sweet small local tri out at Monroe falls, the SummiTri. I had went to the park and practiced with friends and we were not 100% sure of the course but had a pretty good idea of what it would be. On race day I was just moved my way through the course we practiced and did not pay much attention to the sign and had ended up totally missing the run turnaround and tacked on an extra quarter mile or so. Smooth! Somehow it really did not bother me much as I was happy to have completed my first tri with friends!!!

2. Describe a memory from your most recent triathlon.

At the Great Lakes tri which turned into a Duathlon due to the lake small craft advisory, I remember being totally relieved not to have to swim in that water. Even though the event did not turn out as planned and in the face of some strong winds, I learned that you have to be flexible out on the course....that and friends and support really can make the race!!

3. What's the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you in a tri?

While I have a rather embarssing marathon story, knocked a bike rack over in a duathlon, probably still the only real embarassing thing about a tri has been my sweet backstroke last summer in the Cleveland Tri. Forever a weak swimmer I just tried to make my way through a long swim (for me) even if it was going to have to be swam on my back! I zigzagged around the lake like crazy as spotting was even more difficult, but I made it and I was not last! Let's hope we never have to see that broke out at another race.

4. What's the most thrilling thing that's happened to you in a tri?

My most thrilling memory about a tri was at the Cleveland Tri downtown Cleveland. I had joined the Cleveland Tri Club early in 2006 and just several months later at the tri I was overwhelmed by the sense of support and camaderie among the fans and other members during the race. This course had many loops back and forth and the amount of positive comments duing and after the event really just made the day.

5. What is something you discovered about yourself by doing triathlons?

It is all about perspective. What I once thought was this huge accomplishment can become a reality with some work and then I am always dreaming of something bigger.

6. What is The Big Goal that you're working towards?

Hmmm, improvement overall. 2007 A races for now will be half ironman completion and a marathon PR with that BQ goal always in the back of my mind.

No comments: